Monday, 25 January 2016

Research and planning essay

Explain how your research and planning skills developed over time and how these decisions contributed to your media production outcomes. Refer to a range of examples in your answer.

For AS we had to create a film opening and then in A2 we had to create a music video. Both productions required us to research and plan to create the best production possible.

For both AS and A2 we had to make a story board, showing all the different types of shots we would get for each production. The first development from AS to A2 is the difference in the amount of shots. Our music video required a vast amount of shots as it is much more like an advert where you have to sell the band to the audience whilst keeping them interested. I feel we have developed here as we had to think of a lot more shots, applying the help we got from music video director, Jake Wynne, to enhance on our shots. In both AS and A2 we filmed over the story board and then uploaded them to YouTube. However in AS when we filmed it we also spoke over it. In A2 we filmed it then we did a voice over. This proved a lot easier to do as it wasn't rushed therefore it made it a lot easier for the viewer to understand what each shot was. Also the sound was a lot clearer as we went to the a recording studio in the music block to speak, making it a lot clearer to understand our voices, therefore showing development.

Another improvement I made from AS to A2 was the amount of research I did into each production. For AS we did a drama film whilst for A2 our genre was Indie. Being a film fanatic I was aware of what is needed in a drama film to make the audience be crazed about it. For example an enigma code is essential to make the audience question what is going on etc. Therefore I didn't do as much research into the genre. However where music is concerned I don't tend to listen to Indie. Therefore I didn't know much about it so I had to do a lot of research into it. I went onto YouTube and searched for Indie videos and noted down what I saw.

1 comment:

  1. Go through your lap chart - how did this list help with your productions. Finish please.

    ReplyDelete